Designed and manufactured in Europe, Summit's ENERGY STAR certified SLD242W is a 24" wide fully featured front-loading heat pump dryer with user-friendly features for optimal convenience. The SLD242W can dry up to 17.6 pounds of fabric inside the durable stainless steel drum, with a maximum speed of 1400 RPM and a choice of 14 dry programs. The dial drying cycle selector knob makes choosing the proper dry program easy, while the digital touchscreen display allows users to manage the dryer's functions and choose between specialty programs. This unit utilizes a heat pump for an energy efficient performance as well as added versatility in unit placement. The pull-out condensation tank makes removing collected moisture easy (note: the tank should be emptied after 2 cycles). We include a condensation discharge hose as an alternative to the condensation tank for added convenience. A net filter and heat pump filter help to ensure a cleaner performance. (Note: the heat pump filter should be cleaned after each cycle.) A contained dryer basket located on the door lets users dry small items (including slippers or children's shoes) without these pieces being noisily spun inside the drum. The pre-installed 3-pronged cord works with 208-240V outlets at 15 amps. An automatic interior drum light makes it easy to load and unload fabrics, while four adjustable leveling legs are included to ensure the unit is level on uneven surfaces. This unit comes in a classic white finish and features a half-sized glass window for easy viewing. Additionally, four suction cup feet are included permitting stacking the dryer on the matching SLW241W washer. Primary dry programs give you plenty of options for cottons, delicates, wool, down wear, baby clothes, bedding, easy iron, air refresh, and cool tumble. Specialty functions include a half load option for smaller drying needs, extra dry to lengthen drying time as needed, and anti-crease for intermittent drying to ensure clothes stay wrinkle-free until they can be removed from the dryer. Additional features include a "start/stop" function, which allows users to pause during a cycle to add or remove fabrics. A start delay function allows users to set the start time in 1-hour increments up to 24 hours, while the ECOEYE setting displays information on power consumption for a greener performance. Low standby mode switches the display off after 5 minutes of inactivity for added energy savings. A child lock helps to prevent unwanted cycle or function changes for added peace-of-mind. The SLD242W should be installed with 4" side clearance, 4" top clearance, and 2" rear clearance. This ventless unit is designed to match the SLW241W washing machine to create a stackable 24" wide full service laundry station. NOTE: both units include their own 3-pronged power cords for use in separate 208-240V sockets.
- Fully featured with an advanced design for proper laundry care
- Uses less energy than national standards require to ensure more efficiency and lower utility bills
- Just under 24" for an easy fit in apartments and homes
- Requires 15 amp connection, with a pre-installed 3-pronged NEMA-615 cord included
- Easy to load, with a half sized glass window for convenient viewing
- 3.88 cu.ft. drum to dry up to 17.6 lbs. of fabric
- Durable interior holds up load after load
- Non-vented, energy efficient operation that uses recycled air to better save on energy use and costs
- Digital touchscreen controls ensure easy operation of speciality programs
- Allows users to easily cycle through the 14 dryer programs
- Extra, light, and iron dry settings for cottons and permanent press with additional settings for delicates, wool, air fluff, easy iron, and cool tumble; specialty functions include half load and anti-crease for user convenience
- Provides better water extraction for dryer clothing
- Pull-out tank for easy disposal of collected moisture after drying (Note: the tank should be emptied every other cycle)
- Allows you to pre-set your laundry for the ideal finish time
- Lets you pause the dry cycle to add or remove fabric
- Automatically illuminates the interior when the dryer turns on for easy viewing, load, and unloading
- Included for users who prefer a more traditional drainage system
- Four adjustable leveling legs keeps the unit level on uneven surfaces
- Switches off the dryer after 5 minutes for added energy savings
- Located inside the door, this slide-out basket allows for the drying of slippers, children's shoes, and other small items not suited for tumble dry
- Monitors energy use for a greener performance
- Pair with Summit SLW241W washer to create a stackable or side-by-side set
- Four rubber suction cup leg covers make it easy to safely stack this dryer on top of matching SLW241W washing machine
|Height of Cabinet
||33.0" (84 cm)
||23.63" (60 cm)
||25.75" (65 cm)
|Depth with door at 90°
||44.5" (113 cm)
||3.88 cu.ft. (110 L)
|US Electrical Safety
|Canadian Electrical Safety
||220 V AC/60 Hz
||117.0 lbs. (53 kg)
||127.0 lbs. (58 kg)
|Parts & Labor Warranty
|Maximum Dry Weight
||17.6 lbs. (8 kg)
||Digital & Dial
|Maximum Drum Speed
Energy Star Rated:
Professional delivery and installation is available for every product we sell. We would be happy to coordinate delivery and installation for you.
Extended warranties are usually very inexpensive and can save you thousands in the future.
Some can even cover extra costs that result, such as cost of food that spoils when your fridge dies.
It's simple and inexpensive to purchase extended warranties and one of the smartest ways to protect your investment.
can be large, heavy and expensive. You probably don't have the special tools or expertise needed to fix them in a crisis. If you can spare a few thousand dollars without batting an eyelash for new
should they break tomorrow, don't buy a warranty. But if you're like most of us, protect yourself by purchasing inexpensive extended warranties when you buy a new product and save yourself big money in the long run.